Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Stolen Idea

After seeing a blog that a friend sent to me that posted the letters of a great grandfather who served in the 2nd World War, I thought it would be a great idea to share letters of a relative of mine.  In the subsequent weeks I will be posted about my Great Uncle, Lt. Dave Thomas who served in the Army Air Corps from 1943 to his death in 1945.  
My family has saved probably 3-400 of his letters from his frequent writing during his time in the AAC.  Some are very short while others are much longer.  I'm going to start from the beginning and continue with the letters chronologically, adding photos in the appropriate  places.  Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a blog. I look forward to reading the letters as you post them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow A person all the way from Cario watching my blog....do you always dress in those funny clothes? :P

    ReplyDelete