Thursday, December 10, 2009

Letter #21

April 6th 1943

To Mrs. Carl B. Thomas

Tampa, Florida


Dear Mother,
It can;t be much tougher!!! We are flying in the moving and studying all afternoon and evening until 8:30. We get 1/2 hr before & 1/2 hr after free to shine shoes, take shower, write letters, get haircuts, laundry, etc. From 8:30 until 10 we are supposed to spend 1 hour on each of our subjects. We have had finals in first aid and military discipline but have added the whole mornings flying make up for it. We don't even have time for Calisthenics we are so busy. I don't know whether I can stand it or not - haven't ever been more disgusted - is it worth it?

Love Dave

We got paid for month of April 43.50 trying to make last until May. I still have guard duty from 2 to 5 AM every week. This seems to be just enough to make me sleepy all day in classes we have to get in 10 hrs. Flying time by 16th.

Here to all I hope you are having a better time then I am. I would like to choke those Dames in Dad's office. I will write when I get a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment