Monday, February 1, 2010

April 20th 1943

Letter #25
April 20th 1943
To Mrs. Carl B. Thomas
Flomaton, Alabama

Hi Mom!
Can you imagine this. For the second time I have hit the luck. The first was to get in section and get out of Tampa in 6 weeks instead of five months - then to hit a pullman and flip for the upper birth and win. So I slept by myself with sheets. The first time I have had sheets since I got in the Army. A porter fixes up beds etc. We eat in diner with good meals and waiter service. Any $1.00 limit on menus. Free I wont mind the long rids so much with this luxurious setup. We are supposed to arrive at boarder of Fla and Ala at 12 noon. We certainly are going a round about way. We went to Jacksonville now we are going west again. I certainly did hate to leave those swell tampa gals and guys. I have never met more more friendly girls and fellows.

Love Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment