Thursday, February 4, 2010

May 9th 1943

Letter #28
May 9th 1943
To Mrs. Carl B. Thomas
San Antonio, Texas

Dear Mother

WELL-!! Mother I passed everything. I am a full fledged "Aviation Student" now. I am still not an Air Cadet. As I told you before we had a new law several days after arriving making it so you don't become "cadets" until you got to pre-flight. We are just getting the dirty deal as usual. This G.I. chow is lousey.

I sent Dad our average daily schedule but we don't follow it all of the time. I have been on K.P. 2 times last week. Next week I have 4 days K.P. Do I ever gripe but it doesn't do any good. Boy oh boy, will I ever be glad to get out of here. The 3 pilot pre-flights are here at San Antonio Texas, San Anna Calif - or Maxwell Field Alabama - I hope its Calif

Love Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment